To keep a suit looking its best between trips to the dry cleaners, here’s a few tips that can help.
- Rotate your suits. Wearing the same suit over and over will cause it to show wear after a while.
- Use a steam cleanerto remove wrinkles before wearing. Set the steam to the lowest heat setting. This way you always appear freshly pressed without the added costs.
- Brush offany dirt or food particles that may be clinging to the suit after you wear it. Start by going against the grain of the cloth and use short, quick strokes. Finish with a second pass that goes with the nap.
- Allow your suit to hangfor a day or two on a good wood hanger after wearing it. This allows the material to recover and drape out most wrinkles between uses. Make sure all of the pockets are empty to avoid creating creases, or odd shapes in your suit.
- Cover it up. Use a cloth cover which allows air to still circulate through the suit even when its being stored.